Premier Criminal Defense Lawyers


Home > Practice Areas > Driving While Intoxicated

Driving While Intoxicated

If you have been accused of Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) you undoubtedly have many questions. Am I looking at jail time? Will I be able to get an occupational driver’s license? Is it possible to keep this charge off of my record? These are just a few of the most common areas of concern for most people.

In certain instances a case involving DWI can carry the possibility of particularly harsh penalties. Repeat DWI offenses may require mandatory jail time and can even be prosecuted as a felony. Additionally, DWIs involving child passengers, open alcohol containers and traffic accidents can enhance the severity of the charges against you.

These are some of the possible consequences you may be faced with in the event of a DWI conviction:

• Jail Time or a Lengthy Probation Term

• Significant Fines, Fees and Court Costs

• Days in Jail as a Condition of Probation

• Driver’s License Suspension

• Ignition Interlock Device

• Mandatory Classes and Community Service

Every DWI case presents a unique fact scenario. First, how did law enforcement come into contact with you? The way in which this interaction takes place can play a critical role in the outcome of your case. Did you perform standard field sobriety tests at the scene or at the station? Did you submit to a breath test or a blood test? Did you tell law enforcement that you had been drinking? The answer to each of these questions will be crucial in building a defense to the charges involved in your case.

We have extensive experience in successfully defending individuals who have been arrested for DWI and who have provided possible evidence of intoxication to the police. To avoid a DWI conviction and the possible consequences set forth above you need an experienced legal professional at your side to defend you. Contact our office today for a comprehensive case evaluation.

If you are charged with an offense, or being investigated by police, you should consult with a criminal lawyer as soon as possible for advice on how to proceed.